Monday, January 23, 2012

Court room dramas...

I am not sure, if I am the only one who has this fantasy. I am pretty sure I am normal and so I assume others also have this. Most of the nights of my childhood I have spent imagining myself in various roles in life and trying to sleep on it. From being an old farmer woman to getting an oscar with srk,from being a spy to being a lawyer. Thinking back it seems funny that I have envisioned myself in so many roles. But one role I really see myself even now is to study law and become a lawyer. Will do one day. I am sure of it. Meanwhile, I always have the books to satiate my love for it. I guess my first book in which there was court room drama was where the heroine was a lawyer and it was rage of angels. That has touched me so much and its my all time favourite. The ending is marvellous. Sidneys finest according to me. It just brilliantly leaves the truthful message, life goes on. Its true. Eventually you will lose everything and everyone but till your last breath the will to live keeps you going. Philosophy aside, the story and especially the brief courtroom dramas are amazing. I dont know which is an inspiration of which but there is one scene in the court regarding a poison that is also there in karz movie. Its one of the nice scene among many others. Have to read the novel to savour it. I have read it so many times but still will read it again given a chance. Actually, yesterday I finished reading The Litigators by John Grisham and wanted to write about it. But today when I took to writing Rage of Angels just came to my mind and it just wanted to get out of my system for a long time I guess. I am always partial naturally to women centric novels. They rank first in my wishlist. And on top is this. But whats to be noted is its written by a man. A woman can know how other women feel but to capture it brilliantly by a man is whats amazing. The characters are superb. The book would make a classic movie or a well written short series. Among sheldon novels its top but its worthy of mention in terms of court room dramas as well... They are brilliantly conceived and written. When you read it you feel as if you are in a court room.. If you like reading about lawyers though strictly its not about lawyers its a good recommend. P.S. If you liked legally blonde and double jeopardy kind of movies, you will probably like rage of angels.

1 comment:

  1. Good that you touched upon this genre. But how could you write about court room dramas without mentioning these three films (of course, your blog post is about books, but still) My Cousin Vinny, 12 Angry Men and To Kill a Mockingbird (based on the book). Watch them, I'm sure you will like it.

    ReplyDelete