Friday, November 11, 2011

Not so nice a title....

That was the first reaction I had when I saw the cover page of Chetan Bhagats Revolution 2020. His five point someone was nice and way way better than lousy 3 idiot adaptation and his other books were ok. So I started reading this book but not with enthusiasm. I felt it would be like his other novels which would be nice reading but which does not strike a chord much. Surprisingly it did. I could not keep the book down. It has been a while since I have read like that. The story as usual revolves around youth, their education and job and of course LOVE... Chetan Bhagats usual receipe. I read the last chapter first so I knew the ending. Also most of the plot was predictable but what I liked most about the novel and which kept me awake in the wee hours of morning reading it and making me write this blog after such a long gap is the character Gopal. Its superb. It may seem strange or false but if ever I thought of writing anything, this letting go of your love because you feel they deserve better or this zeal to be alive when everything you care for is gone, is the idea that comes to my mind. Here its shown brilliantly. The pathos of the protagnist is awesome. I always like grey charactes be it the lead of Vanity Fair or Gone with the wind. And now Gopal. Havinggrey shades in women character is fine but in a mans character its difficult. So this goes to one of favourite stories list.... Hope its not made into a movie... My hero may do justice but not others....

2 comments: